Caprese Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
Recipe from Monsignor Raymond E.Riffle
Diocese of Greensburg
Rector – Blessed Sacrament Cathedral
- 4 large tomatoes – sliced
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese – sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
(yields 2/3 cup of dressing – 4 servings)
- 1½ cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
In food processor place everything in the bowl with blade and rough chop 4-5 times on pulse.
Turn the processor on and slowly pour in olive oil. Stop and scrape down. Then continue processing until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
Pulse again and serve.